I apologize for the delay in getting this out again. Hopefully, next week I can get back into the routine & get it out sooner.
Here is the like to watch the 1/15 service if you missed it. (It will be shown with the title from 1/8 but it is this week’s sermon.) https://youtu.be/EO6NtVbMvFQ
TOWN HALL SUMMARY:
- We have money & came out a little ahead of our 2022 budget. As has been discussed before, continued maintenance/construction will be coming from our local budget.
- The Faith, Hope & Love champions have changed a bit. Tammy Tkach has moved into the Faith role, Shawna has moved into the Hope role & Aleck continues in the Love role. We, along with the pastoral team will be attending training/conference in early March.
- Our next “First Saturday” event will be a chili cookoff on 2/5.
- Easter is on April 9th this year. Start keeping an eye out for deals on Easter eggs & candy. There will be more to come on Easter plans as we get closer.
- The Denominational Conference is 6/28-7/2. If you plan to attend in person, book ASAP to get a room in the hotel where the conference is being held; it’s filling up fast. If you volunteer with the children’s ministry at the event, your registration fee will be waived.
- We are going to be looking into hiring landscapers to help keep up on maintenance on a monthly basis as well as help with landscaping the front when we get to that point.
THINGS HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
- Thursday 1/19
- Sweet Teas via Zoom at 1:00pm (link will be sent in separate email on Wednesday)
- Trivia at the Beer Station at 6:00pm
- Sunday 1/22: If you participate with the “Hope Avenue” please stick around for a quick meeting after service. Shawna would like to get an idea of what you’ve all been doing, if you’d like to continue doing it & any ideas you may have for improvements going forward. (This means you if you are a greeter, work in the kitchen, clean up/janitorial, audio/visual, decorative, etc. Basically, if you have any “job” on or for Sunday services.)
DATES TO REMEMBER:
|Both||Thursday||1/19||1:00pm||Sweet Teas via Zoom; link will be sent in separate email
|River Road||Thursday||1/19||6:00pm||Trivia Team @ The Beer Station in Junction City (495 Holly Street) All ages are welcome & you are not obligated to attend every week. If you are going to come, please check this link https://www.djtrivia.com/cod/ for the Clue of the Day for clues about questions that will be asked that day as well as an item to bring to score bonus points. (It’s different every day so you must check on Thursday!)
|River Road||Sunday||1/22||After Service||Hope Avenue team meeting. (See “Things Happening This Week” above for more info.)
|Both||Wednesday – Sunday||6/28 – 7/2||Denominational Conference|
I will continue to add any prayers received on request slips during Sunday service to the prayer wall on our website unless the slip specifically says that it is not to be posted on-line. The prayer wall is available 24/7 for anyone to add a prayer. Although the prayer wall is on Eugene’s website it is also open for Salem members to use! Once at https://gcriverroad.com/ hover over the ANNOUNCEMENTS heading at the top of the screen & then click on Prayer Wall when it appears. Scroll to the bottom of the prayer list to enter your request into the provided fields. The name field is required; however, if you would like to add a request anonymously, you can enter “anonymous” there. You will still have to enter your email address, but it will not be posted anywhere. Once you have filled out the four fields (name, email, prayer request & select to share), click submit to post your request to the wall. Please note, there is a delay in the prayer showing up on the wall (even after refreshing).