Good morning, everyone!
This morning’s service hasn’t been published to our YouTube channel yet, but this link will take you to our channel where you can watch any of our past services. (As well as today’s once it’s published.)
The theme for next week God’s abilities.
· Psalm 71:1-6
· Jeremiah 1:4-10
· Hebrews 12:18-29
· Luke 13:10-17
NEW CONNECT GROUP OPPORTUNITY: Are you interested in Trivia? Every Thursday evening at the Beer Station in
Junction City they have a trivia night from 6:00-7:30pm (facilitated by one of our own!). It would be really fun to get a church team together. Please contact me (Shawna) if you are interested. The event is at a family friendly location.
EVENTS THIS WEEK:
· Wednesday 8/17 Women’s book club; we will be reviewing chapter 9
· Thursday 8/18 Will NOT be the first “official” team trivia night. I am still planning to go to scope it out and of course anyone else interested is welcome to come but after remembering that I will be unavailable on the 25th & looking at the calendar with Pastor Linda, we decided to hold off officially starting until 9/1. (I just wanted to call this out since I mentioned today that I would like to get this started this week.)
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Congregation Day Date Time Event/Announcement
Both Wednesday 8/17 6:00pm Women’s book club will be starting back up today. Please be ready to discuss chapter 9. We will be meeting at the Eugene church but will also have Zoom as an option for
those who aren’t local. The Zoom link will be sent in a separate email later this week.
Eugene Sunday 8/21 3:00pm Brett Thompsons Eagle Court of Honor at the River Road church. All are welcome.
Both Saturday 9/24 TBD Yard sale at the River Road church; see Marilyn or Michele for details. If you have items that you would like to include but are unable to store them until the sale, bring them in & we can store them in the parsonage.
Both Friday – 10/7 – 10/9 Women’s Retreat at CRC; More info to come. Sunday
Eugene Sunday 10/16 After Service Pastor Appreciation Day: Please see Michele Thompson if you have any ideas, would like to help out or to make a donation.
TOWN HALL UPDATES:
· We are starting a specific donation to obtain funds for the new deck off the side of the kitchen. A box has been placed on the table under the bulletin board for donations of spare change & the like to be placed. Specific donation envelopes have also been printed for use in the regular donation collection. If you want your donation to go into the deck fund, you must use one of these methods. A fundraising thermometer has been put up on the
bulletin board so we can all see how the fund is coming along.
· Halloween is right around the corner! Aleck will be scheduling a planning meeting for later this month or early September so keep an eye out if you are interested in participating in it. We already have some outside interest so it should be a good one!
· Our yard sale (Saturday September 24) is also open to the community so let people know they are welcome to bring things & set up a table. If someone (outside of church) sets up & runs their table, they can keep the money for their sales. For us or anyone that drops off donations of goods for the sale, those funds will go to the church & be put toward our new deck fund.
· If you didn’t turn in job or passion cards when they were discussed back in March, please see me (Shawna). I am compiling everything received so we all know who is doing what & what we can do with people’s passions to help the congregation & community. (Long story short, jobs are anything you are already doing for the congregation, passions are anything you are passionate about and can offer to help anyone. Passions do not have to be “church related”; they really can be anything.)
· Eunice Hanson from CRC passed away on Friday 8/5 at 98 years old.
· Please set up Amazon Smile to automatically make donations when you shop. There are separate numbers for text to give for each congregation; Eugene is 1-458-209-2209, Salem is 1-971-273-5588. If you need help getting set up with either Amazon Smile or texting donations, please see a member of the advisory team & we would be happy to help you.
· I will continue to add any prayers received on request slips during Sunday service to the prayer wall on our website unless the slip specifically says that it is not to be posted on-line. The prayer wall is available 24/7 for anyone to add a prayer. Although the prayer wall is on Eugene’s website it is also open for Salem members to use! Once at https://gcriverroad.com/ hover over the ANNOUNCEMENTS heading at the top of the screen & then click on Prayer Wall when it appears. Scroll to the bottom of the prayer list to enter your request into the provided fields. The name field is required; however, if you would like to add a request anonymously, you can enter “anonymous” there. You will still have to enter your email address, but it will not be posted anywhere. Once you have filled out the four fields (name, email, prayer request & select to share), click submit to post your request to the wall.