Good evening, everyone.
I apologize for not getting this out sooner but with the work-party after service on Sunday & Monday being a holiday, it slipped my mind. Please keep reading for very important information about this weekend’s events; we need all hands on deck!
For any of you who missed the service in person or live stream and haven’t seen it via subscription to our channel, here is the link.
The theme for next week will be God empowers believers to act justly. Scripture passages:
· Psalm 82:1-8
· Amos 7:7-17
· Colossians 1:1-14
· Luke 10:25-37
It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that this weekend is our Outside the Walls event and we need everyone’s help!
Although this event is being held at the Eugene church, Salem members are more than welcome to attend & help out too. I have attached the official agenda for the 3-day event. Saturday setup is not included on that agenda so please use the times below & the agenda for further detail.
· Friday 7/8 training & preparation meetings will be held from 9am-4pm. If you are able to attend, please do so. These meetings will be with Heber, Mike & Greg.
· Saturday 7/9 please be at the church at 7am finalize indoor setup and get everything outside ready to go. We will get our matching themed t-shirts so be prepared to wear it. (We have made several extras of assorted sizes for anyone who wasn’t at either of the services where we took sizes.) At 9:30 a group will head into Junction City to a few of the larger businesses to invite community members to our event while other stay at the church to finish
setup & be there for any early arrivals. The actual event runs from 11am-4pm. We have jobs for just about everyone & floaters are needed too. We really do need everyone’s participation.
· Sunday 7/10 service will be held as normal. Those here from other GCI locations will attend service with us. To go along with our “Christmas in July” theme (and so we don’t have to stay until the wee-hours Saturday to take everything down) we will be having a Christmas service. We will also have a guest speaker along with our sermon. It is important that we have everyone’s participation for service too so no sleeping in to recover from Saturday, you can take a nap after service. 😊
· Please set up Amazon Smile to automatically make donations when you shop. There are separate numbers for text to give for each congregation; Eugene is 1-458-209-2209, Salem is 1-971-273-5588. If you need help getting set up with either Amazon Smile or texting donations, please see a member of the advisory team & we would be happy to help you.
· I will continue to add any prayers received on request slips during Sunday service to the prayer wall on our website unless the slip specifically says that it is not to be posted on-line. The prayer wall is available 24/7 for anyone to add a prayer. Although the prayer wall is on Eugene’s website it is also open for Salem members to use! Once at https://gcriverroad.com/ hover over the ANNOUNCEMENTS heading at the top of the screen & then click on Prayer Wall when it appears. Scroll to the bottom of the prayer list to enter your request into the provided fields. The name field is required; however, if you would like to add a request anonymously, you can enter “anonymous” there. You will still have to enter your email address, but it will not be posted anywhere. Once you have filled out the four fields (name, email, prayer request & select to share), click submit to post your request to the wall.